Since we have lived on our homestead we have battled pond algae. The previous owners had a pond fountain that used up so much electric. Finally the
electrical cord to the fountain shorted out. The previous owners had some stock piles of pond chemicals that I gave a try. Using chemicals was not a sustainable path because they cost so much and didn't seem to affect the pond in a positive way. You can see in the picture that the fountain when in use had very little effect.
In part 1 of the Fix My Pond Series I show how to install a Hiblow XP-60 aeration pump. This pump uses very little electricity compared to the large fountain the previous owners of our homestead used. I used two weighted air hoses 100' and 50'
In Part 2 I show how to use a 5 gallon bucket and a hiblow diffuser to get the diffuser ready to be installed in our shallow pond.