I wanted to see if there was a way of taking totally frozen whole chicken and cook it in a reasonable amount of time. I was able to do it with the power of Ninja Foodi 8qt Pressure Cooker and Air Fryer.
Select a 3-4 lb whole chicken that is frozen solid. I'm using an 8 qt Ninja Foodi which will help cook while getting up to pressure. The cooking time in this recipe is 1 hour, but please allow 30 additional minutes for a pressure cooker to get up to pressure and prep time.
1 Hour Frozen Whole Chicken
Total Time: Yield: Whole Chicken (4 servings)
- 1 Frozen Whole Chicken (3-4lbs)
- 1 cup of water
- Lawry's All Purpose Chicken Seasoning
- cooking oil (olive, vegetable)
- Pour 1 Cup of water into the Ninja Foodi and place whole frozen chicken in the Air Fryer basket. If Chicken won't fit then remove the air fryer basket.
- Place the Pressure Cooker Lid on the Ninja Foodi and pressure cook on high for 40 mins. Make sure the vent is selected to SEAL! After the 40 mins carefully release the pressure and remove the pressure cooking lid.
- Apply some oil to one side of the whole chicken, then sprinkle some salt and pepper and some of your favorite chicken seasoning.
- Air Fry for 10 mins at 400 degrees. Then flip the whole chicken and repeat step 3 and Air Fry for another 10 mins at 400 degrees.