Reasons Chickens make great pets.
- they are personable, quiet, small and reasonably cute
- Chickens produce eggs, they will contribute to food security, local food movements, and sustainability
- Chickens are not loud or smelly, and they teach people (especially kids) about where their food comes from, and makes people appreciate the wonder of food production.
- Some food waste can be fed to chickens, make less food waste go to the landfill
- Chickens can create wonderful fertilizer for gardens and flower beds